Aquaponics - Beasties

I found some alien beasties in my new grow bed.


It's not often that you get to mark out three square metres or so of clean wet stuff on a high contrast background, and see what moves in overnight. In the morning, there were some bug deaths, some bugs just getting on with their lives, and my first bug births. I have no idea what they are, but they only took 12 hours to move into my new grow bed. 



Very very small beasties

I put a few hundred litres of water into the grow bed to test my silicone, and to weigh it down.

I'm hoping the truck that delivers my gravel will be able to dump it directly into the grow bed saving me a stack of time. It wont be able to, but it keeps me from thinking about having to shovel gravel.

It's no wonder people buy bulldozers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts