Aquaponics - Slugs 2

In keeping with my policy of being wrong from time to time, it doesn't seem to be slugs eating my strawberries.

The night before last it was raining, and the slugs were out in force on the paths around the small aquaponics test system, so if ever there was a night for my trap to work, it should have been this one.

My beer trap managed to trap exactly no slugs whatsoever.

It did however manage to catch a number of very small flies. I doubt they could have been the culprits, but the fact that they like beer may indicate they like fruit. Often bugs seem to be attracted to the ethanol produced in decaying fruit.

My strawberries where in good  health, and not at all over ripe, so who knows.

I might try flooding my garden bed to see what crawls out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts