Electronics - Header pin board

I'm not sure that "because I can" is a particularly good reason to do something, but on this occasion it's all I've got.

I think I'm going to finish my aquaponics demand fish feeder project with a new section of strip board, sticking up at 90 degrees from the main board.

There are these things called header pins that cost a few cents for a stack of them. They are just pins held together with plastic, and you can snap off the number you need. They come in all shapes and sizes and are useful for plugging things into, or turning entire boards into things you can plug into something else.

I used them on my first board (PICAXE 08M ProtoBoard) and ran wires to them from each of the pins, so that I could plug the board into my breadboard.

That's it sticking out of the breadboard at 90 degrees.







I need to add a pot (potentiometer/variable resistor/volume knob) and a light (LED in this case) to flash out the setting for two different numbers. The maximum number of feeds per day, and the size of each of those feeds.

I'm hoping it might look a little better than this piece of paper I have stuck on, but you get the idea.

I also need to add an on off switch to this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts