Thinking - MIT

I signed up for a course at MIT.

It mentioned ...

"students are encouraged to have the knowledge obtained from a college-level physics course in electricity and magnetism (or from an advanced secondary-education course in electricity and magnetism, as with an Advanced Placement course in the United States). Students must know basic calculus and linear algebra, and have some basic background in differential equations."


...which rules me out completely as I don't actually know what those things mean, so I'm not really expecting to finish it, but I'm always keen to learn.

My plan is to fake it, and see if I can learn a stack of stuff along the way. If it works, I'll have a new methodology in my bag of "how to get to understand stuff" tricks.

If it doesn't work, I'll have a story to tell.

Regardless of it working or not, I'll be spending some time hanging out with some people who do know what that stuff means, and that can only be a good thing.

Also it will mean I'm leaving my comfort zone in a very big way, and that has to be a good thing.

Doesn't it?

Clearly I haven't thought this through.

But...

Everything will work out just fine.

It always does.

I believe it was Yoda, or Buddha, or someone who once said " Hmm, that looks interesting. I think I'll take it."

The fundamental differences between important social humans, and monkeys who like shiny things escapes me, but that might be why I keep trying to learn everything.







120 Things in 20 years, where everybody is always never confused about thinking about MIT.

What, me worry?

2 comments:

  1. This has been up for days bow Bull. The Fed's got you, didn't they?

    Cheers,
    Nom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm too busy building my new system to post about it :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts