Aquaponics - Strawberries

We have a lot of strawberry plant in now.

Really, a lot.

The first ones to go in were in the constant flood grow bed in the aquaponics system.

They looked like this when I first put them in.

I was delirious at the time so I have no idea when it was.

They look a little delirious themselves.










They look like this now.

Clearly a lot less delirious.

They have a definite sense of direction now.

I should get one of those.

Having a define sense of direction could be fun. I wouldn't really know, as I've never really had one, but I know some people with definite senses of direction, and I've seen them smile, so it could be the go.

Who knows.




Anyway...

The rest of the zillion or so strawberries went in a media of dirt, lumps of concrete, and odd bits of plastic rubbish lovingly placed there by previous tenants of this place.

It's a funny thing, but until I had an aquaponics system, I figured all dirt was perfectly healthy for growing stuff in, but now I wonder.

I have no idea what's in this stuff. For all I know, the previous tenants had a small home business filling glass tubes with mercury to make thermometers, and just poured the leftovers and broken ones into the patch of rubble running down the unused side of their house.

Probably not, but it's tempting to use the glut of strawberries from this patch in gift baskets sent to people I don't really like... just in case.

I'm sure it's fine.

Did I mention we have a lot of strawberries now?

We even did a bit of this.

When I say we, what I really mean is Mrs. 120 Things in 20 years did this.

I planted some of the plants in the aquaponics system, then went back to bed.  Mrs. 120 Things did the rest.

Yet again, I've maxed out my karmic credit card, although strangely It seems I still benefit.

Mrs 120 Things in 20 years just scored a free garden shed from a total stranger who's garden shed collection obviously had gone too far.






120 Things in 20 years sees aquaponics strawberries as only part of the picture. Really it was a generous gift letting Mrs 120 Things in 20 years do all the work with the strawberries, get all the karmic credit, then nab a free garden shed I'll get to use.

This karma thing doesn't seem to work. I just keep getting benefits no matter what.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts