Aquaponics - New system bits

I got this.

Which is a 500L grow bed.











And looks like this from the inside.













And I got this.

Which is a 500 litre bucket.











And a stack of bags of this.

Which is around 500L of expanded clay ball grow media.










And now I need to figure out what to do with it.

I was giving some serious thought to getting rid of my aquaponics system, because we need the space for a business venture, and there really isn't anywhere else it (the aquaponics or the business venture) can go.

So I bought all this extra stuff.

This will take my grow bed, and thus filtration capacity up from around 300L to more like 800L

And depending on what I do with the gigantic bucket, I might fill that with media as well and take the capacity up to 1300L

That would mean I could actually have enough fish that it would impact on my diet.

Which is nice.

120 Things in 20 years - Busy with new aquaponics system bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts